Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Remote site router\gateway configuration question

I am currently reviewing some of the remote sites router\gateway configurations and I have a simple question, and if someone could point me in the correct direction would be great.

Our cisco voice deployment -

Remote gateway\WAN router <---> WAN <---> Cisco Call Manager <-----> SIP\CUBE (ours) <----> SIP\CUBE (provider)

- No PRIs connected to the remote sites

- All cisco phones register with call manager at the central location (call processsing and call routing is handled here)

Why is the need to configure dial peers pointing to the call manager at the remote router\gateway pointing to call manager - if phones register with call manager?

Also, is there a need to configure either SIP trunk or h323 between call manager and the remote gateway?

Please let me know if this makes sense.

As always any information would be greatly appreciated.

marramix01

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

There is no need unless the GW is also used as SRST reference in either way it would be pointless since the only time phones would go into SRST is when connection to central site is unavailable.

So, there are no circuits of any type at the remote site, no analog FXO?  Is SRST not needed for at least outbound routing?

Again, if there are no circuits, and no analog devices connected to the GW there should be no need to configure SIP trunk or H323 GW on CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

There is no need unless the GW is also used as SRST reference in either way it would be pointless since the only time phones would go into SRST is when connection to central site is unavailable.

So, there are no circuits of any type at the remote site, no analog FXO?  Is SRST not needed for at least outbound routing?

Again, if there are no circuits, and no analog devices connected to the GW there should be no need to configure SIP trunk or H323 GW on CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the quick response and help. It all makes more sense now.

Thanks again,

marramix01

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content