Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote video conference

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys, 

I hope all of you are fine :), I am gonna make a small project for our customer and he needs to make a remote conference between two sites, and I suggest to use EX60 but i am confused about to use CUCM or 2900 router and what exactly I need to make this scenario? 

Thanks for all

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The datasheet does not mention CME as a supported platform, so you need to go for CUCM / VCS. Pleas e find details of feature support in the datasheet. Please remember that Multisite option is present with EX90, not with EX60.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-system-ex-series/data_sheet_c78-627494.html

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

thanks, you mean I need CUCM 8 and connect it to Gateway router? which router is good for that?

and i want to make site to site conference with EX60..I cant do that?

thanks

You will need cucm 8.6.2 or above to make P2P calls between EX60 endpoints. Regarding router, i would suggest going for one with PVDM's with video conferencing capabilities depending upon your current and future requirements.

HTH

Manish

Shall I need to buy a sip protocol from ISP company to be able to connect remotely?