cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

remotely enable IP phone web interface

ruttersean
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if it is possible to remotely enable an IP phone web interface using for example an ephone- template or similar? ( I have looked at the ephone-template settings but it does not seem possible) any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which phone model are you talking about? What issue are you trying to solve with having web interface on the phone (that BTW is enabled by default) ?

It's a 9951 on CME 9.0

On these phones the web interface is disabled by default.

I have a requirement to use a phone remote control tool in a remote office.

Thanks

Sean

I don't know about the web interface on the 9951, but generally to remote control a phone you use TAPI, or XML, there are applications that do that.

So, to do this for SCCP phones enter the following under telephony-service

Service phone webAccess 0

I do not yet know if there is an equivalent for SIP phones under voice reg global

See if you can host the xml files on an  external tftp server, so you can edit them as desired.

sterdnotshaken
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same question... Running a SIP only CME 9.0 with 7942/62's and I want to be able to browse call stats and such via http much like you can do with SCCP phones... is this possible? Is there an equivelent voice registar global command to "service phone webAccess X"?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: