Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remove Envelope indicator on One Phone of a Shared Line?

Hi,

I have a shared line appearance (eg.11288).  On one of the phones with ex. 11288 (not a primary line) I would like to remove the envelope indicator and red light when there is a voicemail for that line.

I went into the line setting for that particualar phone, and set "Visual Message Waiting Indicator Policy" to None.  However, when a VM is left for that shared line, I'm still getting an envelope indicator on the phone that was set to "None".  Red Light is not lighting - which is what I want, but I also want to get rid of the envelope as well.

Am I missing something?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

CM 8.5.1

Unity 8.5.1

Mike

2 REPLIES

Depends on how you have your integration done.   If its  SIP trunk, you probably do not have any MWI on/off codes.    If you have MWI on/off codes, you can select this line, and dial the MWI OFF code and shut off the envelop.    If you do not have codes, you can simply add one on the system and use it toggle of/off

the only option is to create a new line for the first phone and associated with a VM

and disable the MWI and VM from the shared line

then add the shared line number as alternate number in that VM box is you want the caller from the shared line when press the msg button to be redirected to that VM

hope this help

if helpful Rate

Views
Helpful
Replies