Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove incoming caller ID on one DN

ajmadriaga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to mask the caller ID on incoming calls on one specific DN?  So all calls to this number will show anonymous.

Thanks

Andrew

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, what is your system and what protocol are you using?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

We are in the process of upgrading to CUCM 9.1 from 7.1.5.

We currently have the 2 servers(9.1 and 7.1.5) in a cluster trunk 9.1 is using SIP and 7.1.5 is using SCCP.  The DN that we want all incoming calls masked is on the 9.1 server which is using SIP.

Thanks

I'm still unsure on how to block/mask ALL caller ID on incoming calls to one DN. 

The document says:

"Cisco IP Phone users can block or mask caller ID displays for calls from a particular phone. The display of caller ID information for outgoing calls from a particular phone or gateway can be blocked or masked on a per-call basis, which allows users to maintain their privacy when necessary.

This document describes how to block or hide the caller ID or transform the caller ID for the outgoing calls on Cisco Unified Communications Manager 5.x and 6.x."

Can this be done at all?  I can't find any documentation on this.

Is the call flow SIP trunk ---GW---- CUCM ---Translation Pattern----DN and you are trying to hide the calling number on the phone?

If this is the case, you can hide the number by changing the to restricted under TP > Calling Party Transformations.

Please rate helpful answers!

It would be all internal calls in CUCM or from the old CUCM through intercluster trunking, so it would be:

SIP device ---> CUCM ---> SIP device(2)

or

SIP device ----> OLD CUCM ---> SIP TRUNK ---> New CUCM ---> SIP device(2)

Caller ID from all calls(internal) TO SIP device(2) would show anonymous instead of the alerting name/display(caller ID)

I don't think you can do it in the first scenario as the call is internal, no Translation or Route Patterns are involved.

In the second scenario, you can use the the number at the route pattern or SIP trunk level as indicated earlier.

Please rate helpful answers!

Hi,

Is necessary use the TP for this (I post link for you with "how to"), create a CSS and PT and associate in SIP Trunk and Gateways for calls between CUCM old and new.

Ex: CUCM old --> SIP Trunk --> CSS_Restricted --> TP_Restricted (restricted Calling Party Transformations) --> ring ring to Phone (unknown).

In the other direction is the same as the process!

Please rate helpful answers.

J Rosa.

I agree with J Rosa.   You can absolutely use a Translation Pattern, even in a situation where the call is completely internal to the CUCM if you set up your Calling Search Space/Partition combinations right.  Also, inside the translation pattern make sure to set the "Calling Line ID Presentation" and "Calling Name Presentation" to "Restricted".

The Calling Party Transformation would be nice, but it doesn't support Calling Name filtering.  At least it doesn't on the 8.5 version of CUCM I have accesss to.

If you need to filter Caller ID on all calls even internally you need to create a dedicated Partition and CSS for the Translation Pattern to only affect the DN in question.  Move the DN into the partition you created and then create the Translation Pattern with the exact same number and place it in the standard partition that the DN was in originally.  Then assign the CSS you created to the TP making sure that the PT we created is the only PT in that CSS.

HTH,

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: