Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Remove license on CCM 5.1

Hello,

Can I delete a license file on a CallManager 5.1 ???

Thx a lot ;-)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remove license on CCM 5.1

Hello,

The licenses are located in a specific directory on the CCM (/usr/local/cm/conf/licfiles/), and the solution would be to delete the licence file from the server.

BUT, as you don't have access to the root, you must open a TAC SR, then a Cisco engineer could remove the license file.

br

jp

5 REPLIES

Why you want to remove the licenses? once uploaded i donot think its doable.

Thanks

Because I've problems when I restore my CCM and I think that it could be a licenses problem ...

Because the licenses are based on MAC, no ?

Hello,

The licenses are located in a specific directory on the CCM (/usr/local/cm/conf/licfiles/), and the solution would be to delete the licence file from the server.

BUT, as you don't have access to the root, you must open a TAC SR, then a Cisco engineer could remove the license file.

br

jp

Ok I seen.

Thx very much jp !

Silver

I just did a "file license delete *" from the CLI. It didn't delete one of the licenses though. Said it was in use. You can also delete one license file. Lookup the name in system -> licensing -> License Unit Report.

oh. Deactivate the CCM service allowed me to delete that one license.

Why do we want to do this? New server, new MAC address. Have to open a TAC case to have them generate new license files with the new MAC address.

Views
Helpful
Replies