Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Removing Active Directory Synchronization - will it delete all end-users?

I need to split our company across two AD Forests and do not want to setup AD LDS for Dirsync and authentication.  Can I disable LDAP synchronization on CUCM 8.5.1 and have it leave the current users objects?  I would look to add passwords to each of the users in the Cisco directory and have Cisco perform the authenication locally.                  

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Removing Active Directory Synchronization - will it delete all e

This has been asked quite some times at CSC, a search would have provided the answer to your question.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3558269#3558269

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3886790#3886790

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

The threads recommend that I remove LDAP synchronization and authentication on CUCM Admin.  Then run this command:

You can conver the users back to standard CUCM users using sql query update...Ths is easy to do

run sql update enduser set status=1

Will this procedure work?

1) remove LDAP sync and auth from CUCM Admin (stay signed in)

2) run the update on the enduser table (before the 3:15am garbage collection run)

3) I assume that none of the end user accounts can be used now since the passwords were stored on AD and not in the enduser table.  I would have to update each of the enduser entries and add a password.

What could go wrong?

Does anyone have an opinion if my method will work above?

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies