cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing iDivert softkey with Extension Mobility in 6.1.4?

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6
We are on Call Manager version 6.1.4.

Trying to remove the iDivert softkey from  phone.

I created a new softkey template, for Ring  In State, removed the iDivert key and applied it to a phone.
Reset the phone, tested and the iDivert key  was still there.

Double checked my config, and reset again,  phone reset, same thing. I saw that Extension Mobility was
enabled on the phone and disabled Extension  Mobility and reset the phone and tested again, and now the iDivert key was  removed and doesn't show up for when the phone is ringing.

So I go look at the Extension Mobility  device profile, and apply the same softkey template to the EM device profile and  reset the phone and the iDivert key is showing up for calls. The logout profile  for Extension Mobilty is set to a certain user profile, and on that profile the  softkey template is the one with iDivert removed.

I did this same setup on a 7.1.2 lab system  I have with a 7940, and it works fine with and without Extension Mobility.

So it seems to be some odd issue with 6.1.4  perhaps. I looked over the release notes for 6.1.5, cisco bug tool kit searches,  forum searches, the Cisco HOT RSS feeds and can't find a bug listed  anywhere. I am trying this on 7942s and 7965 model phones.

Thanks,
Erick
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

From your description it sounds like you are using the 'Logout User Profile' setting under EM on the phone - but I'm pretty sure this disappeared in 6.x?

Typically you would configure:

1) Normal/logged out settings on the EM phone - including your custom softkey set etc.

2) In your EM dev profile, a setting of for the Softkey Template should leave the standard (phone config) one in place, but a configured one should override the phone one at login.

Only other suggestion I can make is when you make such a change (apply softkey template to the dev profile) you should log out the user and log in again, rather than just reset the phone.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

From your description it sounds like you are using the 'Logout User Profile' setting under EM on the phone - but I'm pretty sure this disappeared in 6.x?

Typically you would configure:

1) Normal/logged out settings on the EM phone - including your custom softkey set etc.

2) In your EM dev profile, a setting of for the Softkey Template should leave the standard (phone config) one in place, but a configured one should override the phone one at login.

Only other suggestion I can make is when you make such a change (apply softkey template to the dev profile) you should log out the user and log in again, rather than just reset the phone.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks, logging in as a EM user and back out got it working when logged out of Extension Mobility with EM enabled on the phone.

Good stuff...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: