Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing old cm settings

pgamage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have 2 setups CME and CM.

I need to take one phone from CM and register to CME.

I did

1. **##** but old CM retain.

2. # then 1234... but it didnt ask me to remove old configs. so it re-registered to CM and firmware got updated.

3. Erased config (pressing more soft key) but device configuration--> CM gives old CM info.

Please tell me how to register this phone to CME.

Thanks

Thanks

3 Replies 3

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Have you removed the entry from the DHCP scope or amended the DHCP scope to point option 150 to the CME

the other thing to check is are they in different VLANs, if so has the VLAN id on the phone port been changed to that of the CME requirement

Thanks

Paul

It is bit difficult to change the DHCP. what we did was, removed the phone from voice vlan. (switchport voice vlan none) then manually assign every thing (ip, cm etc). phone operates in the ports access vlan. this vlan has no reachability to the CM. this prevent finding DHCP when the factory reset is done.

You can do the factory reset and then manually set an alternate tftp address to be the ccm pub. If you want to hardcode the ip you can do that and disable dhcp from the phone. Shouldn't be a problem.

cheers,

Will

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: