cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Replacement of ATA-186-I2

Hello

I can seen that ATA-186 has reached End of sale and replaced by ATA-187 but I can see only ATA-187-I1 version, is there a I2 version ?

Thank for answer

regards

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Replacement of ATA-186-I2

Hey Man, the new replacement now is the VG202 and VG204, both are _very_ good. I can personally vouch for them as I have used both, unlike ATA's they can handle super G3 and modems/eftpos terminals quite well.

Just look for "VG202" and you should find them. They are like mini little routers, they run IOS and everything

These are much better than the old ATA's...that's for sure.  They are 2 and 4 port versions of the IOS-based VG224 voice routers.  They can do SCCP, MGCP, etc.  Much more flexible than the ATA.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi,

The new ATA187-I1-A offers configurable impedance allowing one model to cover all the requirements that previously required two ATA186 types.

Quotation from table A5 in the document at the link below:

RJ-11 FXS port terminating impedance option - The ATA 187-I1 provides multiple impedance, such as 600 ohm for American SKU, 900 ohm for European SKU, 220 ohm (820 ohm || 120nF) for Australian SKU, and so on.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/187/1_0/english/administration/guide/sip/a187_agCspc.html

VG202/VG204 are undoubtably better but far too expensive as a direct replacement for the ATA186.

Community Member

OK, thank to all for your answer

I'll keep ATA187 because VG202/204 are too expensive and my customer need only to connect fax machine

regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content