Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Replacing cisco 3800 gateway with 2921 on version 15

Hello all,

Does anyone have a decent document on how to replace a cisco 3800 SRST gateway on version 12 with a 2921 on version 15 please?

Not sure if there are any gotchas etc.

We also want to use a loopback as the SRST reference.

Running v7 callmanager also.

Cheers in advance.

4 REPLIES

What is the IOS you are currently running on 3800 series router. I think you should be able to reuse the same configuration as what you are currently using on the router with 3800 series router for SRST.

VIP Purple

Hi Martin,

Apart from the config, u also need to activate the Unified communication license on 2921 router.

regds,

aman

Hello All,

Many thanks for your quick response.

I am looking more for the process on the CUCM. i.e can i add the new gateway whilst the old one is still active.

Also will i be able to use the Gateways Loopback as the SRST Reference.

The Old SRST Router is still in place but we need to upgrade from Version 12.x to version 15.x

Many thanks again for you input.

Martin

VIP Super Bronze

Why do you want to add the gateway if its only for srst. You can just add the gateway ip and yes you can use the loopback ip. As long as this ip is not already in use bu the old gateway, you should be good to go

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Views
Helpful
Replies