Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Requesting Basics of Plus DIaling

I've inherited a working VoIP configuration for a growing business, and I haven't been able to keep up with all of the things that are going on.  One such new request is to incorporate + dialing across the board.

The end result should look something like this. I'm sure I'm manging some piece of this in my explanation

Type of Users:

User A - A user in the US office, who has a 4-digit extension, on a Cisco VoIP device

User B - A user in the US office, who has a 4-digit extension, on a Cisco VoIP device

User C - A user in the US who works out of their home, and does not have a Cisco phone

User D - A user in Eurpoe, who uses a Non-Cisco VoIP solution.  No SIP

User A and User B are in the USA. We are running CUCM 8.6.2(SU2), Unity 8.6.2, and a couple of Voice Gateways (2821s runnng 15.1(3).  Our connection to the PSTN is via FXO and BRI - no SIP.

US Numbers are supposed to be stored in (NPA) NXX-XXXX format.  European number are currently stored includingthe country code. We'll probably by formalizing the format for everything to E.164.  An upgrade to CUCM 9.0 or higher is likely (mainly for Jabber support, CUPC, etc)

All users' Active directory record are be be updated to include a + sign.  If User B looks up User A in their phone's Corporate Directory, the 10 digit telephone number for User A is displayed with a + prefix.  If User B then wishes to call User A, they hit the Dial key on the phone, and the phone dials the 4 digit extension.

if User B wishes to call User C, it would dial 9, followed by 1, followed by the ten-digit telephone number that is listed in the directory.

If User B wishes to call User D in Europe, the phone would dial 9, followed by 011, followed by the telephone number in the directory.

We have the Active directory piece working, and the phones display the +.  However, if we attempt to dial, the call cannot be completed as dialed.

Obviously something somewhere need to change, but I don't know where to start looking.  My guess would be Call Manager, but I'm not that familiar with all of the intricacies yet.

Is there some kind of tutorial/guide on setting this up?  In th future, users in foreign ofices will likely have Cisco VoIP, and we'll want to incorporate 4-digit dialing to these offices as well.  As solution I come up with should be able to get wrapped up into that requirement.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

Requesting Basics of Plus DIaling

You will need to configure tranlsation patterns to strip off the + and any other digit that has been prefixed..

eg if you have +557000 and your user extension is 7000

Then you need to confiure a xlation pattern like

pattern:\+55XXXX

called part transformation mask: XXXX

You need to assign the correct CSS to the xlation pattern

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"
Views
Helpful
Replies