Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Reset MOH server Automatically

I have a script that automatically copies a .wav file to the CCM Publisher server in the 'dropaudiofilehere' folder which then translates and copy to the TFTP directory.

I need away of automatically updating the server to use the new file without having to go to the CCMADMIN page and resetting the MOH Server.

I have tried reviewing the .asp file but I'm not an expert so stuggling.

Can anyone suggest a way of writing a script / sql statement that would reset the MOH server. This would allow the MOH Audi file to automtically updated. This will need to work everyday as my customer has a different audio source for everyday day of the week (The audio file name stays the same).

Any help greatful.

Martin

7 REPLIES

Re: Reset MOH server Automatically

Restarting the IP Voice Media Streaming App service should do the job. You could write a script to run the following commands:

net stop "Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App"

net start "Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App"

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

The Cisco TFTP service is running on the Publisher. The service you have recommended restarting is not enabled on the publisher.

If I reset the 'Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App' on the subscribers this doesn't update the MOH as this needs to be done on the Publisher.

Can you think of any other way to achieve the reset?

I have been through the asp files and there seems to be a function called 'ResetMOHServer'. I think I need a script that could call this function but I'm not sure how to do it.

Thanks

The Cisco IP Voice Media Streamin App service is necessary for MOH, so if the service is not activated on the Pub, it sounds like your Subs are the MOH servers. So, resetting this service on the Subs should take care of your issue. The reset does not have to be done from the Pub.

Brandon

Brandon,

I have restarted the services on the subscribers but this still doesn't reset the MOH audio source.

After I have reset the windows service I then go into the web admin and look at the MOH audio file. It then tells me that there is still a newer version waiting to be installed. You have to click on the update button first.

If I press update, then reset the windows service then this works but it still requires a manual intervention for someone to go to web admin and click update on the audio file in question.

hi martin,

can u please send me the script for copying audio files to pub. to m email : sohaildxbfze@hotmail.com,

thx..

It's just a basic dos script.

Make sure for "To" and "From" server have shared access to the folders.

Open Notepad

insert below

save as wav.bat (batch file)

Then use Windows Schedule to automatically kick off the batch file at whatever time you want.

copy *.wav \\servername\shared folder /y

Syntax

Copies one or more files to another location.

COPY [/A | /B] source [/A | /B] [+ source [/A | /B] [+ ...]] [destination] [/A | /B]] [/V] [/Y | /-Y]

source Specifies the file or files to be copied.

/A Indicates an ASCII text file.

/B Indicates a binary file.

destination Specifies the directory and/or filename for the new file(s).

/V Verifies that new files are written correctly.

/Y Suppresses prompting to confirm you want to overwrite an existing destination file.

/-Y Causes prompting to confirm you want to overwrite an existing destination file.

The switch /Y may be preset in the COPYCMD environment variable. This may be overridden with /-Y on the command line.

To append files, specify a single file for destination, but multiple files for source (using wildcards or file1+file2+file3 format).

Examples

The below example would copy all files in the current directory to the floppy disk in drive a:

copy *.* a:

Copy the autoexec.bat, usually found at root, and copy it into the windows directory; the autoexec.bat can be substituted for any file(s).

copy autoexec.bat c:\windows

Copy the win.ini file, which is already in your windows directory, to the windows directory, without prompting if you wanted to overwrite the file or not.

copy win.ini c:\windows /y

Copy the contents in myfile2.txt and combine it with the contents in myfile1.txt.

copy myfile1.txt+myfile2.txt

Finally, a user can create a file using the copy command. In the below example we create the file called "test.txt".

copy con test.txt

Once the above command has been typed in, a user could type in whatever he or she wishes. When you have completed creating the file, you can save and exit the file by pressing CTRL+Z, which would create ^Z, and then press enter. An easier way to view and edit files in MS-DOS would be to use the edit command.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content