cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset phone 8861

CSCO12265861
Level 1
Level 1

Today I reset phone 8861 to default setting(Menu -> Admin Settings -> Reset settings -> Reset device).
After this operation phone are reboot but I see statement: "Welcome, enter activation code or service domain".
Anyone had a similar message? Which code I need to restore woking phone ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is because there is no TFTP option defined hence the phone assumes it needs to connect over MRA. Make sure phone gets TFTP option 150 from DHCP server or set it up manually on the phone.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is because there is no TFTP option defined hence the phone assumes it needs to connect over MRA. Make sure phone gets TFTP option 150 from DHCP server or set it up manually on the phone.

It was problem with TFTP server. Thank you for help.

Agreed. When the phone comes out of the box it doesn't have much to go off of unless Option 150 is configured on the switch properly.

I configured TFTP manually on the phone to point to my TFTP server and all was good in a matter of minutes.

Hey, I just bought this phone and having the same issue.  How did you set it up manually on the phone?

On your phone, Settings-->Admin Settings-->Network Setup-->ipv4/ipv6-->Alternate TFTP= yes, and give ip address of your TFTP server. Hope this works

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to the blog.  I'm having this issue on the Welcome Screen is asking me to enter the Activation code or Service domain. I checked and TFTP are good I reset the device via settings and still asking for code any suggestions.

Hello,

I have the same problem now, but i have not TFTP server. Or i am not sure what is TFTP server.

Maybe i should put there the IP of my Vigor VoIP center or?

The TFTP server is where the phone is going to pick up its configuration file from. The file is in the form of SEP<mac address>.cnf.xml. This configuration file will contain the Call processing server where the phone should register to. The phone reads this file and sends a REGISTER message to the call processing server to register to it.

The TFTP server is where the phone is going to pick up its configuration file from. The file is in the form of SEPmac address.cnf.xml. This configuration file will contain the Call processing server where the phone should register to. The phone reads this file and sends a REGISTER message to the call processing server to register to it.

cshannon1077
Level 1
Level 1

I had a user having weird voice prompting for everything he did on his phone, and had him do a hard reset followed by Admin Setting, Reset all Settings which cleared up his problem. When I mentioned it to a coworker, he advised someone told him about this secret way of activating/deactivating it which can be used as a prank. With an idle 8861 (etc.) hit the select ring enter button in the center three times (to the speed of saying "1, 2, 3.). This activates Voice Prompting for all your activity. After you complete testing and disconnect your phone call, follow the same procedure to hit the center select button three times to deactivate this feature. Google did not find this secret method, but perhaps it is not documented.

Thanks,

Chris 

My engineer just advised me this new feature is called Voice Feedback and was added to recent firmware to assist vision impaired users. It can be enabled/disabled via the phone’s Accessibility settings menu or by triple tapping a session key. It’s purely a phone setting and is not controlled whatsoever by CallManager.

We’ve had several users accidentally enable this already.

Thanks,

Chris