Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Resilience on CUxAC non existing??

Imagine I want to provide high availability for Call Attentendant enterprise.

I have 5 sites with about 1700 IP Phones 7962G each site.

4 call attendant operators per site.

CUCM and Cisco Unity will be housed in the cloud/collocation provider running on UCS 210. My plan is to run CUCM publisher, Cisco Unity and (1) Cisco CER in the cloud. I checked latency and bandwidth and I should be fine based on Cisco SRDN guidelinees.

In my customer premises I would deploy (1) Cisco UCS 210 running 1 CUCM subscriber and 1 Cisco CER. Then I would also run (1) CUxAC server instance on the UCS 210.

From reading the call attendant documentation though, strange as it seems, it is saying "there is no formal resilience option for the CUxAC server. In the event of a failure of the Server (or loss of connectivity to it from the PCs), all the CTI devices will go out of the service and any calls ringing into or connected on any of those devices will be disconnected... in order to ensure that new calls can be answered a Call_Forward_No_Answer can be set on the CTI Route Points used for the Queue DDI numbers..."

QUESTION:
So that means that if I have (2) Cisco 210 UCS servers running CUxAC server software and SQL Express, it means if one server dies I have no way to provide high availability? I would need to build a server with the very same IP addresses ,etc in order to restore operation on the CUxAC?

This is very strange. Can someone clarify what I should do to make sure attendant operators and calls will not get impacted if I lose one CUxAC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content