Views
Helpful
Replies

Restart cucm

opnineopnine
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have to restart my publisher server, I would like to know if there’s any procedure for this and what is the things I have to take in consideration for this task.

Thanks. 

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Restart it from OS admin or CLI

utils system restart

Assuming your system is properly configured for redundancy of call control and services, no, nothing to consider.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

Like always you are a great help, how can i check about the redundancy configuration?

Thanks!

CUCM groups, MRGLs, for services it depends, you might have DNS or SLB, etc.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Also, check the status of Database replication prior to restart of Pub.

u can run the command utils dbreplication runtimestate.Should show status as 2 .

regds,

aman

hi

Redundancy can be "CUCM if you publisher and subscibers " , redundancy for TFTP , redundancy between route groups for outgoing calls , and redundancy for media resources ,etc.. .

1-Redundancy for CUCM servers

1.A- For redundancy you can find under your CUCM group , your CUCMs "publisher and subscriber" . You can go to CUCM system - Cisco CUCM group configuration -find . After this check the result you have to see your CUCM group "the IPs or hostname of your existing CUCM".

2-If you configured TFTP on your CUCM " you can configure redundancy ".

3-Redundancy if you have MGCP configuration , you can check your Voice gateway that can reach your CUCMs.On the output you will see "one is registered and other is backup".

router#sh ccm-manager.

if you have h323 , you can see under configuration redundancy dial-peers which will hit your CUCMs cluster.

dial-peer voice 130 voip                     /this dial-peer will hit my CUCM 1/
 description CALL MANAGER PEER
 destination-pattern 3...
 session target ipv4:10.10.30.2
 incoming called-number .
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class h323 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 no vad
!
dial-peer voice 131 voip                     /this dial-peer will hit my CUCM 2 if CUCM 1 unavailable/
 description CALL MANAGER PEER
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 3...
 session target ipv4:10.10.30.1
 incoming called-number .
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class h323 1
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
 no vad

4-On CUCM if you have more than voice gateway , you can check the redundancy for outgoing calls. For examply " you have E1 and FXO . CUCM  call routing -route/hunt-route list "you can see under configured route list your existing route groups.

Kindly also take a look for the below link

cyruslab.net/2012/10/04/cucm-redundancy-call-processing-failover/

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: