Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Restore CCM regarding licensing

I have a customer who is using CCM 4.1 and will be splitting into 2 companies. Half of the phones will stay on the 4.1 CCM cluster and the other half will become a new cluster as 5.1.

What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

I was thinking I will build 4.1 on the new server, restore the database using BARS, then upgrade it to 5.1, which will bring all the licenses with it. Then delete the other half of the phones that are staying with the CCM 4.1 cluster on the new system.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Hunt

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Restore CCM regarding licensing

I don't belive the licenses will be converted to CM 5.1 as there is no license on CM 4.1. You need to open TAC case or talk to your local AM to get the license.

Chris

Gold

Re: Restore CCM regarding licensing

Technically, this is possible. U can install a new box and after doing a BARS restore, delete the phones which would not move to the new company. Once this is done, do a DMA backup and from that get the license file from the Licensing team by following the steps mentioned at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00806b036f.html#wp1100548

Though I'd not be able to answer this question if this would be allowed or not. The best option is to contact your accounts team and not TAC. TAC would also only be able to this question from technical stand point.

Hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies