Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

restore Default CUCM 6.1 License

Trying to reset a box back to it's default license from when it was first booted, the 50DLU and 1 Node license, but I am having a problem, I have deleted all of the licenses that were added, but we do not seem to have the default license in there... Node is now -1 and used DLU's is -32

• IP Telephony
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: restore Default CUCM 6.1 License

Hi Justin,

These "Starter" licenses are overwritten when a permanent license file is uploaded, so I think the only way to retrieve them would be to re-build from scratch;

Starter Licenses

Cisco Unified Communications Manager comes preinstalled with starter licenses, so the need does not

exists for a file upload. Be aware that starter licenses, which have no expiration date, are available in

limited quantities. Be aware that starter licenses are only available for fresh installations; they are not

available for upgrades or migrations from previous releases. Starter licenses support only one Cisco

Unified Communications Manager node and up to 50 device license units.

**Starter license units get replaced when you purchase a production license.

Page 54;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_0_1/cucm-rel_note-601b.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan
Cisco Employee

Re: restore Default CUCM 6.1 License

unfortunately Rob has provided the right answer (as always =) )

the starter license is gone once you install another license in the server and there is no way to recover it or to reinstall it if not doing a fresh install

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies