Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Restore TFTP files to CUCM 8.6

Is there a way to restore just the TFTP backup to a server and not the ccmdb?

Looking at the TFTP.tar from the DRS backup, it is a single file, so I do not think it is possible but I wanted to see if anyone had luck moving whole TFTP directories from one cluster(or server) to another?

I am on the latest CUCM 8.6.2 code.

Everyone's tags (6)
3 REPLIES

The CUCM backup TAR files are encrypted (Not sure if there's a way to decrypt them yet)

However, in theory, you could write a small script to walk the TFTP server and download all the files.

The upload back, however, could be a bit trickier. Something like Greasemonkey might be your friend. I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Super Bronze

What would you want to move from one TFTP server to another?

There's usually only a finite amount of stuff that you have manually created. Config files are dynamically generated, and load files are fairly version specific (usually you would only put the 'new' cluster loads on the 'old' cluster for testing, not the other way around).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies