cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restoring a CUCM backup to a spare server

marcusdewaal
Level 1
Level 1

I’m migrating CUCM version 6.1.2(1119-1) to a UCS vmware platform CUCM 8.6. I want to do a backup of the current call manager version 6.1.2(1119-1) and then do a restore on another MCS box running 6.1.2(1112-2) and then upgrade that to CUCM 8.6. My question is that I cannot find the Engineering special 6.1.2(1119-1). If I want to restore the database on the spare Call Manager does the version have to be exactly the same as the original call manager, that is, does the engineering special have to be the exact same?

Thanks in advance,

Marc

4 Replies 4

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Marc,

In order to Restore the backup file the versions \ SR \ ES has to be exactly the same as backed up box version. Otherwise Restore will definitely fail.

Caution

Before  you restore Cisco Unified Communications Manager, ensure that the Cisco  Unified Communications Manager version that is installed on the server  matches the version of the backup file that you want to restore.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/6_0_1/drs/drsag601.html

Hope it helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

Hi Anand

Do you think Cisco TAC can send me the correct ES? Because that version is not on their Cisco download page.

Regards,

Marc

Hi Marc,

Yes, you can try that option.TAC will contcat BU incase if its needed.

And also wait for someone who might help you here in the netpro , in case if they have it.

Thanks,

Anand

Please rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below the right answers !!

marcusdewaal
Level 1
Level 1

Fellow Netpro people, has anyone got the Engineering Special CUCM 6.1(2.1119-1) I can download please.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: