Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Restoring / adding CCM Subscriber server

Hello gang,

I have a question regarding CallManager subscriber setup in either of these two scenarios: a total loss of a subscriber server, or adding an additional subscriber to an exisiting cluster.

Let's say I use my 4.2(1) CDs to install a new PUB and SUB. Then I upgrade both servers to 4.2(3). If I decide later to install a second SUB, or if the first SUB were for some reason to be destroyed, how can I add/replace the SUB? If I try to build a new SUB using the 4.2(1) CDs, the installation process quits because the PUB is now running a later version of CCM.

The only way I can think of would be to do a BARS backup of the PUB, then rebuild the entire cluster, including the PUB, from scratch. Then upgrade the new PUB and SUBs to 4.2(3) and restore the BARS backup. But that seems like waaaaaay too much work just to restore a lost subscriber. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ryan

8 REPLIES

Re: Restoring / adding CCM Subscriber server

You can request 4.2(3) CD's to restore/add a Subscriber on that version.

The other way is what you describe above. The only problem is that the BARS backups should be taken whne you are in 4.2(1), so all the changes that are going to be make after the upgrade to 4.2(3) will be lost. In other words, you can not make a backup in 4.2(3) and try to restore it on 4.2(1), so the best way to go is with a new set of CD's [4.2(3)]

HTH

//Jorge

This is an old post but is relevant to my situation as follows

I built a CCM cluster on 4.2 disks then upgraded to CCM 4.2(3)sr3a with a service patch upgrade. I now need to add two more subscribers to the cluster but the original disk now refuse to install stating the CCM version is older.

The question here is how can I add more SUBS to my cluster?

Cisco Employee

uninstall SR from PUB and then install SUBs

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Yeh I thought this would be the case.

Thanks

By the way dooes anyone know the link to order the CUCM CD's as per the contracts?

Here is a useful document describing various FAQs about Software Requests, there is a link to the Product Upgrade Tool:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a00802262ed.shtml

Hope this helps.

Allan.

Cisco Employee

this has been happening quite a lot so i really need to ask, why do you shoot the messenger when he's just delivering a message???

if you don't like the answer it's not really my fault that you need to do it that way, so why that rating???

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Puzzled was that aimed at me? I rated based on how much the info helped me and not your ability to provide the info.

I did do a check afterwards and found that the Publisher I had built using 4.2(3) disks and then upgraded to SR3a eventually did allow me to add a subscriber to it without the need to uninstall the service release. I simply had to add the service release to the Subscriber atfer the build to bring it to the same level as the Publisher.

The original failure/issue was to do with a password but of course the error message provide by cisco lead me to believe something else was wrong.

Hi Murad,

Hi Murad, Can you please share with me installation media of CCM 4.2(3). BR Shamsher Ali
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content