cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict Internal Extensions from Showing as Calling Number for Outbound Calls via Route Pattern

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I'm having difficulty with a particular request from one of our clients. They want to have an extension on their phone that will block the Calling Name and Calling Number when making Local/Long Distance calls. So I created a new Partition and CSS dedicated to this extension, and also created Route Patterns that contain the new partition and utilized the existing Route Lists. Under Calling Line ID and Calling Line Presentation, I have put "Restricted". However, when the user makes outbound calls, the extension of the phone is still showing.

Is there a way to restrict the extension from showing? I'm still not sure why the extension is showing in the first place. The user does not wany any number to show up at all, so meaning no bogus number.

CUCM Version = 7.1.3.10000-11

Thanks,

John

13 Replies 13

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

Check on the route list/group and gateway configuration and see which settings are configured on the

Call Routing Information - Outbound Calls. The settings here will override everything that are on the route patterns. If you have restricted on the route pattern then you need to select default on the route list/group/gw so it will take whatever setting is on the route pattern, if is restricted or not, otherwise you might be overriding what you configured.

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hey Tere,

On the Gateway Level, here's what it says under "Calling Routing Information - Outgoing Calls"

Calling Party Selection = Originator

Calling Party Presentation = Allowed

Calling Party Number Type = Cisco CallManager

Calling Party Numbering Plan = Cisco CallManager

Under the Route List >> Route Group:

Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask Mask for Outgoing Calls = Default

Calling Party Transform Mask = (Blank)

Prefix Digits (Outgoing Calls) = (Blank)

Calling Party Numbering Plan = Cisco CallManager

See anything wrong with this?

John

Hi,

calling party number presentation=allowed

Chnage to

Calling Party Number Type = Unknown

calling party number presentation=restricted

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how to block/hide/change extension number when you make internal calls.

For example my extension is 6789 and when i dial any extension in the call manager they should see me as extension 1234.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

You can use calling party transformation as discussed above but assign new 'calling party transformation CSS' at device page only of phone.

Edit- easy way to achieve this, use translation pattern with different partition and css.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have created a separate partition (PT_Filter) and a separate CSS (CSS_Filter); this CSS has got only one partition (PT_Filter) assigned. Created a calling party translation pattern with the DN 6789 and assign the partition (PT_Filter) and also change the Calling Line ID Presentation to Restricted.

Then under the phone line configuration I have unticked the option “Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS” and choose CSS_Filter on “Calling Party Transformation CSS” .

Now I have tried to call from ext 6789 to any internal extension number and it is showing the extension number 6789 rather than hiding the number. Do you think I need to make any changes apart from what I did and why this is not working? Any idea or thought?

Note: We are using call manager 8.6

Thnaks

Please post screen shots of your configuration. Phone configuration ie CSS, calling party xformation etc

Hi Ayodeji,

I have sent you an email with the screens shots that you have asked for. Please check and let me know where i am doing wrong.

Hi John,

Change the Calling Party Presentation to restricted.

Regards,

Tere.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Thanks Guys,

But if I change the Calling Party Presentation on the Gateway to Restricted, won't that restrict it for ALL outgoing calls? That's not what I'm trying to do here. I just want that individual extension's Calling Line Presentation blocked. I will try the Calling Party Number Type.

John

Giovanni,

Dont do it on the gateway. Infact a better way to do this is to use calling party transformation pattern:

On your pattern deifinition add the DN of the phone

pattern: DN of phone to witheld CLI

Partition: Assign a partition to it..eg PT_CLI_witheld

calling party transofrmations:

calling line ID presentation:restrcited

Create a CSS for the xformation..eg CSS_xformation, assign the xformation PT you used above

On your gateway device pool, add the CSS for the xformation....

finally ensure that the use device pool calling party xopfrmation css is checked on the gateway...it is by default.

Caveat: Ensure your internal devices eg phones do not have this css set in their calliing aprty xformation css..otherwise internal cli will be withled to for calls from this number

ALso ensure that the Device pool for the phones does not have this CSS set

Hey aokanlawon,

So just so I'm clear, I have to assign the new CSS to the Gateway, but not the Device Pool or the Phone. Is this correct?

Thanks,

John

On the gateway there are two ways to do it

Under call routing information outbound calls

1. Use device pool calling party transformation CSS

2. Assign the Xformation CSS to the gateway itself.

I suggest that you use the second one, this way if your gateway shares device pool with the phones you will not need to worry about the phones.

So in summary, assign the CSS to the 'calling party transformation CSS' on the gateway. Leave the gateway device pool as it is now without the xformation CSS