cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict Meet-me Participants to Internal

Rusty Haferkamp
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 4.x and have a need to restrict outside callers on a meet-me. I would like to create one meet-me with all access and one with just internal access. Any suggestions?

16 Replies 16

Hello all,

Sorry to interrupt. I just noticed the thread and did my best to rectify the situation with my own votes. Unfortunately, once you vote, your vote cannot be changed anymore (I will ask if this can be changed in a future version of software). For your information, low ratings such as 1&2 are considered pretty much an insult in these forums (for impolite posts or posts with severe errors). So, my advice would be to avoid them or you will have issues getting volunteers to help you as others have already said.

The survival guide (that is, if all you care about is to have your issue resolved and questions answered) goes like this:

1. ratings of 5 and 4 are ok, some might complain even with a 3

2. if you think a post doesn't help you, just avoid to rate it

3. but, the more generous you are with the ratings, the more people will step in to offer a helping hand now and in the future

4. if your issue has been resolved, mark it as such

I believe this is pretty much it and hope this helps. I know the way things here work is difficult to grasp if one doesn't come here often, but once you get used to it, you get your answers, volunteers get the points and everyone is happy without a cent spent, so use it to your advantage.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Believe it or not I did not mean to start a debate or hurt anyone's feelings. The forum has been helpful to me in the past and I have been a member since 2008. We spend tens of thousands on TAC but sometimes on a minor config issue I prefer to try here first. It just struck me as a little offensive almost like I was invading territory becuase of the stars mishap. I respectfully understand your comments but don't have any more desire to listen to the stars stuff. Thanks to the original responses last year and hope to come back and learn something again.

Back to work, 5 stars to all of you