cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricting access to an extension

Karl Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

My company is trying to set up an alert system where a mass voicemail can be sent out to select groups in the event of an emergency. The process is pretty straight forward. I was going to allocate a DID extension that routes to Unity and allow the user to leave a message for a group list. The access to this group list needs security. I need to only allow certain phone numbers (on net and off net) to access the emergency extension. Normally, I would do this using partitions and CSS, resticting access to those who's number have the proper CSS. How can I restrict access to all but a select number(s) when a caller is off net? Should this be done through the CO?

I am currently running CUCM 7.1 and Unity 7.0 with a couple of Cisco 2800 series routers (MGCP). We are upgrading to CUCM and Unity 8.5.

We have two trunked PRIs with caller ID.

4 Replies 4

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if CO would oblige with the restriction to all but select number to any DID, you might want to check out. But if they dont, you can call one of those On-net DNs who are given access to Unity Pilot. Apart from the Special user DN, you can create some DNs always forwarded to VM, which can be used for offnet users to call.

Just a thought, you might want to test in your lab. Lemme know how it goes.

GP

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Jaime Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Karl - I am trying to do the same thing you are mentioning above.

Did you ever figure out a solution?

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Jamie,

We outsourced that function so the answer became irrelevant. As I understand it, CER (Cisco Emergency Responder) will do this at version 9 and above.

Karl - thanks for the info.  I'll look into it.

Thanks,

Jaime

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: