Views
Helpful
Replies

Restriction table in Unity connection

d16lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

In an Call Handler, I've enabled allow transfer to "Default System Transfer to block calls to certain extensions.  However, these extensions are configured as extensions within Call Handlers.  I've determined that for some reason, the Restriction Table is not blocking calls to patterns that are configured as Call Handler extensions.

Is there a way to block those as well?

Thanks.

-Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not to the best of my knowledge, the legacy behavior from Unity was that you only could transfer to something that was known to Unity (subscriber, call handlers, etc). This translated the same into CUC but with the enhancement of that checkbox to allow anything else that is unknown to CUC. The transfer tables only apply to those DNs which are unknown to CUC. If you already have those configured in CUC I don't know any way to block them unless you use search scopes.

You could just remove the DN from them and configure direct call/transfer rules if necessary for call routing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not to the best of my knowledge, the legacy behavior from Unity was that you only could transfer to something that was known to Unity (subscriber, call handlers, etc). This translated the same into CUC but with the enhancement of that checkbox to allow anything else that is unknown to CUC. The transfer tables only apply to those DNs which are unknown to CUC. If you already have those configured in CUC I don't know any way to block them unless you use search scopes.

You could just remove the DN from them and configure direct call/transfer rules if necessary for call routing.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

That's what I thought.  I couldn't figure out why my restriction table was not blocking the patterns that I programmed.  Then I realized that patterns not matching the Call Handlers were blocked, while patterns configured as externsions in the Call Handlers were not, even though they matched the restriction rule...

This Unity CN cluster has over 1000 Call Handlers that was pulled in from Unity 5.x.  It will be a slow migration process to Forwarding rules...

Hi Dave,

Just thought I might add that you can use ATM (Audio text manager) from the

great Unity Tools suite to create Routing Rules. It may be a fair bit quicker than

using the SA

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/Help/ConnectionAudiotextManager.htm#_Toc294173345

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

Very helpful!  Thanks Rob.

5 Stars assigned, not that you need anymore to pad your stats.