Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

revert sip phone firmware

hi folks,

how can i revert back software from 7912 phones to normal by mistake i have uploaded sip one.

thx for your help

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Copy the sccp image on the router and configure with tftp-server.

If you have CME, try configuring the file name as "load" under "voice register global".

If that does work you will have to use the gkdefault.cfg method that is more complicated.

thx for reply..

i am using CME.

i tried above two methods but its not working.

pls tell me more about gkdefault.cfg method.

Go to CCO, Download software, Voice software. Click login in the upper right corner and login. Click "Cisco Unified IP Phone Client Tools". Download and extract bmp2logo.zip to some directory on your PC.

Now, in the same directory, create a text file like this:

#txt

upgradecode:3,0x501,0x0400,0x0100,,69,,

for , use the version number same as image file. For example, 0x060817a for CP7912080002SCCP060817A.

Now open a dos window the directory where all the above files are, and type:

cfgfmt gkdefault.cfg

This will produce gkdefault.cfg, copy it to the router and configure as "tftp-server gkdefault.cfg". Reboot the phone. Observe the upgrade process with "term mon" and "debug tftp events".

Let us know if it works.

i cant see any sccp image for 7912 phone.with this kind of name (CP7912080002SCCP060817A)all of them are sip firmware.

or do i have to do all the above mentioned procedure with sip firmware.

again i wanna clarify that i have to revert phone back to sccp from sip.

thanks for ur support.

The procedure above is about the tools that you need to create the gkdefault.cfg file that is the sure way to upgrade the phone even without a router.

The sccp images are under "Cisco Unified IP Phone Firmware - 7900". Latest version is 8.0(3)

SCCP Load for 7912 can be downloaded from

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-7900ser

File Name is: cmterm-7912G-sccp.8-0-3.zip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: