cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax and Intercluster Trunk call failure

morioka
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new deployment with RightFax 9.3 and Callmanager 6.1. The gateway is a CMM module off of a 6509 and it uses MGCP to communicate with the CUCM. An ICT is setup between CUCM and the RightFax server. I set up a RP to point incoming DID calls to the RightFax and I see it landing on the channels of the fax server but after three seconds of fax tone, the call drops. I did a wireshark trace and it gives a "H225 Q931 Rel Cause (65): Bearer capability not implemented". What exactly does this mean? Is it because there's an error in the T.38 of the gateway or is it because I'm not calling the server with a fax machine. I was trying to test incoming calls by dialing with my phone. Conversely, any call out from the RightFax doesn't even hit the gateway. Calls get a "unallocated number" reason code in Wireshark.

3 Replies 3

Hi Michael,

To begin with - you will not configure Rightfax as an ICT. ICT is an H323 variant that CUCM uses, and is not fully ITU compliant for other devices. It adds some extra fields/message types that otherwise aren't supported by other H323 devices.

First try configuring this as an H323 gateway. Then, configure slow start on Rightfax.

hth,

nick

Thanks for the response. When I configure a H.323 gateway, calls aren't able to hit the rightfax server. I get a "Destination out of order" reason code from the gateway. I can hear a fast busy when using a H.323 gateway and calling my DID test number.

You can try enabling 'debug h225 asn1' on the CMM and see if the calls are even hitting the gateway.

If they aren't check your route patterns and partitions.

If they are, you would need to look at some debugs to figure out what is going on.

hth,

nick