cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rightfax SR140

parallaxtech
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I can get full documentation of how to implement the SR140 on a cisco network? I have looked all over the place and cannot find any documentation.

Adam

58 Replies 58

do you see the correct extension coming in on the EFM? you should see dialing (1000) or whatever the number is. you may need to look at the logs and see what it is saying. Look at the admin guide to turn up logging.

Yes we see the correct extension. Do we need to create a dialing rule to append the CCM IP address to the end of the extension? I dont know if it will make a difference since we setup the gateway in SR140 config. We have tried it both ways (with and without the IP address) and its still not working. Everything (to my knowledge) is configured correctly but I still cannot get anything when I try to call/send a fax from RF.

The user is all setup in RF. We can see the call in EFM. When we call in we get dead air and then after about 5 seconds it goes to a busy tone. All licensing is completed. If you would like screen shots/logs of what is happening let me know. I appreciate all of your help.

dial from your ip phone the extension of the user in RF and let me know if you get fax tone. This will test incoming faxes. If you can do that let me know. ARe you only attempting outbound faxes?

I have tried that many times and not received a fax tone. We are trying to send faxes to RF and send them from RF. When we try to send them to RF we dont receive a fax tone, and when we try to send them from RF we receive a "phone line error"

A couple of things you can look at for outgoing faxes is the prefix digits. Look in the doctransport module under global transport settings and look at your prefix digits and set them up how need them. Under SR140 chek number of digits for DID routing.

We have a ',' in our Prefix settings and our DID length is the correct length for the user we are trying to connect to. When I try and send an outbound fax and receive the error "Phone Line Problem" I look into the history for that fax and the detailed error is "Dial tone after dialing"

I would first troubleshoot why you cant get incoming faxes to work. you should get fax tone just by dialing the four digit extension. I would start looking at traces.

One other thing to check is to make sure the codec between the rightfax and gateway is set for G711. I have not been involved in many of these, but did run into trouble this issue - it has to be G711.

Mary Beth

Where would I check to see the codec settings? Would that be on the Call Manager or the RF server?

In reviewing logs the error that we receive is "Misc error: Channel not in a connected state"

Any ideas?

Here's some screenshots of our settings. The first one is the gateway settings, the second is the route pattern settings, and the third is the brooktrout config settings.

The codec settings would be in the CallManager Regions configuration - the rightfax and the gateway would both be in device pools, assigned to certain regions, and the regions config lets you set codecs between any pair of regions. The default region used to always be included, but now you have to specifically select it and set codec. In H323 IOS gateways, you also have to set the codecs on the dial peers - the default is g729.

Mary BEth

Ok. I just checked and the region codec is set to G.711 and the gateway is assigned to the device pool.

Well the only thing that I see is that on H323 gateway you dont have a CSS assigned but if you see the calls hitting on the EFM then I dont think that is your issue. At this point it may be crucial to open a TAC but all they do is open a Captaris Service Request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: