cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax with CCM Environment

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

With Rightfax 9.0 with a T.38-Compatible Fax Board, am correct that the only connection from the Fax server will be over ethernet into the Cisco Voice Gateway?

And am I correct that in this setup I can send faxes over IP to branch sites or over the PSTN (to any fax machine in the world)?

Regards

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You can do this two ways. If you have a T38 compatible board, yes you can setup your voice gateway for t38 as well and then send faxes to other branch sites (enabled with t38 on their gateways as well) or to the pstn.

If you have a brooktrout t1 card on ur right fax server, you can cross connect that to the router and set up that link as a PRI. You can then send it to any fax machine across ur enterprise or to the pstn.

HTH

Sankar

pS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for the detailed response Sankar.

Sankar, There is a better solution out there than Rightfax. XMediusFAX from Sagem-Interstar. It does not require any fax boards, is easier to setup and truly leverages the Cisco UCM and gateways infrastructure. It uses H.323, MGCP or SIP and T.38. It's got all the bells & wistles of RF, yet it is a more robust solution.

clarocque
Level 1
Level 1

I recommend you contact Sagem-Interstar and look at their XMediusFAX solution. It does not require any fax boards in the fax server and truly leverages your Cisco IP infrastructure through T.38. It supports setup with H.323, MGCP and SIP. Much simpler to work with and a real good product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: