cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring 7900 Phone and FXS port at the same time

Robert Phillips
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Callmanager 4.2 and have a 2811 router as a h323 gateway to a PRI. The 2811 has 4 FXS ports on it. What I am trying to do is to have an inbound call that comes in from the PRI or a internal call that calls 7757 ring both a 7961 phone as well as an analog phone that is on the 2811 router at the same time.

I have a different extension assigned to the FXS port and if you dial that number the cordless will ring by having that number in a route pattern. I can not find a way to do a broadcast hunt group so both phones can answer the call.

Any help would be great.

3 Replies 3

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Rob,

You could convert the FXS port to MGCP, which would allow you to assign the same DN to both the phone and the port.

Please rate helpful posts.

Dave

So is there a way to convert just the FXO ports to MGCP and not the whole gateway?

I also have a fax machine plugged into one of the other ports. This 2811 is at a remote office and if possible would like to keep that fax traffic at the remote location. By making that chance, would it affect the routing of the fax traffic to another FXS port?

Yes you can just make one port mgcp. You would just create a dial peer for this particular port.

example for the dial peer

dial-peer voice 100 pots

application mgcpapp

Port 1/0/0

You will still have to set mgcp globaly.

HTH

Please rate helpfull posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: