cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring busy but able to leave voicemail

Gentry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.  My customer is running CUCM 8.5 and Unity 8.5.  Are the following scenarios possible:

A.  Internal caller calls internal dn but called party is off hook so calling party gets busy tone but after so many seconds has the option to still leave voicemail?

B.  Internal caller calls internal dn but called party is off hook so calling party gets busy tone but called party is notified of incoming call and has the option to answer?

12 Replies 12

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you can accomplish both by setting busy trigger on the DN except for playing busy tone, caller would hear ring back.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

What do you mean by "except for playing busy tone"?  Busy trigger is already set to 1.

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello

A: Its possible inside the DN has a option to forward the Call forward busy, you mark to forward to the voicemail.

B: Its not possible, if the phone A for example has a busy trigger of 1 the second call for IP Phone A will receive a busy tone and will not notice that someone call him when he was busy...

Take a look on this documentation

Directory Number Features

Call forward busy—Forwards calls only when the line is in use and busy trigger setting is reached.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmsys/a03dn.html

Rate this if helps you

Thanks...

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Set it to something higher than 1.

HTH,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I'm confused.  If I set it to anything higher than 1 (say 2) then if called party is off hook then won't the calling party get ring tone?  How does calling party know that called party is off hook?  What I need to do is let the calling party know that the called party is off hook but called party sees incoming call and has option to answer.

Ok Troy you need to monitor see if the phone is off-hook, busy, in a call?

The busy trigger say how many calls your phone can receive before give a busy tone to the calling party, at this point if you have a forward usy configured the call is forwarded to the destination that you want. Ok?

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

I'm aware of that, but how do I accomplish this scenario below:

User A calls user B but user B is on the other line.  For user b's dn, if the busy trigger is set to 1 and call forward busy internal has no destination, then user A hears a busy tone and user B does not know that user A is calling them.

What I need to do is set it up so that if user A calls user B and user B is on the line then user A is notified of that (either with busy tone or whatever) but user B still has the option to answer the call from user A if they want to.

Make sense?

To see if the User A is on the phone or not you can use BLF, you monitor the extension of the phone. With BLF you can monitor off-hook, on-hook...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_1/ccmfeat/fsprsnc.html#wp1107430

Your need to check if your phone support monitor another phone.

Great Tips Rob, very cool the busy greeting of the CUC i´m studing for the CAPPS exam i will take look on this.....

BLF Call-List

•Not supported on Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905, 7906, 7911, 7912, 7931, 7940, 7960, or 7985, Cisco Unified IP Phone Expansion Modules, or Cisco Unified IP Conference Stations.

BLF Speed-Dial

•Not supported on Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905, 7906, 7911, 7912, or 7985, or Cisco Unified IP Conference Stations.

Regards

Regards
Leonardo Santana

But BLF will take up a line.  All of the customers phones are 7942's and they use two lines on most of them.  BLF is not an option.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Troy,

Really great thread here +5 to all of you for this discussion!

Sadly this is not possible with any current version of CUCM

If the Busy Trigger on a DN is set @ 1 the second call to that DN receives Engaged Tone

If the Busy Trigger on a DN is set @ 2 the second call to that DN receives Ringback Tone. There

is no way to manipulate this behavior.

This is usually handled by setting a Busy Greeting on the Voicemail system that let's the second

caller know that the person is on a call and will return their call ASAP.

You can set the Busy Greeting for users in Bulk with Unity Connection;

Here's a clip;

To Edit User Account Information in Bulk Edit Mode (some editing from original)

#

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, on the Search Users page, check the applicable user check boxes, and select Bulk Edit.

#

If the user accounts that you want to edit in bulk do not all appear on one Search page, check all applicable check boxes on the first page, then go to the next page and check all applicable check boxes, and so on, until you have selected all applicable users. Then select Bulk Edit.

#

Step 2 On the Edit Greeting page, change settings as applicable.

#

Note The Status message at the top of the Edit Greeting page tells you how many user accounts are being edited. Also note that the page is populated only with the fields that you are allowed to edit in bulk mode, and that the fields available for edit also depend on whether all of the user accounts reside on the local server.

#

Step 3 If applicable, set the Bulk Edit Task Scheduling Fields to schedule the Bulk Edit operation for a later date and/or time.

#

Step 4 Select Submit.

#

Step 5 If applicable, continue to change settings for these user accounts on the related pages available from the Edit menu. As you make changes on each page, select Submit before going on to the next page to make additional changes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/user_mac/guide/8xcucmac090.html#wp1049545

Try a couple of test users first to come up with the exact plan.

Cheers!

Rob

Please remember to tag your threads and help support "Teachers without Borders"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/idea-center/communityhelpingcommunity

Great suggestion Rob!  Question, how does cucm trigger the busy greeting in Unity?  I tried your suggestion and I got regular voicemail greeting and not a distinguishable busy greeting.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Troy,

In Unity Connection...at least when we built ours, the Busy Greeting for users

was not enabled by default. On the user that you are using to test with make

sure that the Busy Greeting has been enabled with no end date and time.

When you call a user in an "off hook/busy" condition that has a busy trigger

of 1 you should forward to Unity Connection and receive the Busy Greeting.

Cheers!

Rob