Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringtones of ip phones in CUCM 9

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

My question is, how can i add all .raw stored in the TFTP File Management of CUCM to all ip phones?
I have only the two default ringtones, chirp 1 and 2.

thanks.

25 Replies 25

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean "add" to all phones??

Do you want to change the ringtone to all phones??

Add new options??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

When I navigate in one ip phone > user preferences > ringtones, there are only chirp 1 and 2, what I want is add all ringtones from CUCM to there.

And put a ringtone for line 1 and another for line 2.

thanks

Are they all in the ringlist file??

How to add ringtones and the related files on the TFTP are all covered in the IP Phone Administration guides, or you can also search CSC for such reference.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

In that web page I already tried to find the solution.

Ok thanks I will keep on looking for information.

Regards.

The admin guides have all that info, not sure what you were searching for that you couldn't find them " + administration guide" on CCO

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7965g_7945g/6_1/english/administration/guide/7965cst.html

HTH

java

HTH

java

ok thanks jaime, it will be a mistake for my side.

Gracias un saludo!

Hi

1- If you need to customize your ringlists , please go to your CUCM OS -TFTP management -find - you will find Ringlist.xml

This Ringlist.xml , we can edit it with your new rings . Then after that you can uploaded to your CUCM by TFTP management . After that please go to servicability- and restart TFTP service , check your IP phone.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Hi

After you find the Ringlist.xml to can edit it , you have to catch it . You can go to SSH your CUCM and type the below command

admin:file view tftp Ringlist.xml

you will show all ring list which you have after that you capture the output then past to a notepad. then you can add your new ring list as the below

Analog Synth 1

Analog1.raw

Analog Synth 2

Analog2.raw

Are You There 1

AreYouThere.raw

Are You There 2

AreYouThereF.raw

take care the ring should be between Ring and /RIng to show on your phone. After that save the file as xml , then upload to your CUCM , restart your TFTP.

thank yu

Hi

Exactly what i want to do is assign a ringtone for each line in my ip phone. I have a 7970 with 2 lines, the second one is for vip calls and want to change the ringtone in that line.

When i navigate to user preferences > ringtones, I see chirp 1,2 and the second line, when i press in my second line and want to see the list of ringtones says "there are not a list of ringtones"

I tried the same in my CIPC and runs properly with all my lines.

Thanks!

Hello

on your phone ring list setting

1-Default Ring

2- line EXT

correct me ?.So the problem on yout line correct. Please give me details to give you a good solution.

Thank you

hi,

You are right, the problem is trying to assign a ring to my line ext, only works fine in my CIPC but not in my 7970 or 7941.

thanks!

Hi

can you share with me the ringlist which you need and i can create .Xml file for you to test?.

Thank you

Hi

I want the standard list of ringtones, but just want to have two differents rings in my lines ext.

i dont care the ringtone, is for my mock-up but want to know how to do it because next week i will need to do it in a end customer, they need two differents rings for each line.

thanks!!

Hi

Please find the attached . and follow the below steps:-

1- CUCM OS - TFTP file management - Upload file - select the file which i attached - on the directory "/" then press upload.

2-CUCM servicability - tools -control center  feature services- select TFTP and do restart. then check your IP phone

Note: If you have Pub& SUB please do the above steps for the both (upload the file for the both and restarf TFTP for the both).

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: