Views
Helpful
Replies

Ringtones of ip phones in CUCM 9

ivan aguilar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

My question is, how can i add all .raw stored in the TFTP File Management of CUCM to all ip phones?
I have only the two default ringtones, chirp 1 and 2.

thanks.

25 Replies 25

Hi Islam

thanks for your attached file and instruction.

I followed your steps, the file is already uploaded and tftp has been restarted in both server.

Actually when i navigate in a 7941 to user preferences > ringtones, still only see chirp 1 and 2, and my other DN lines configurated, when i push in one DN line to change the ring it says "ringtones list is not available".

Where can be the cause of the problem? because rings has already been uploaded.

Thanks!

Hi Ivan

DID CIPC DN ring tones get the updates after you upload the file which ishared with  you?.Please also share with us the firmware of your Cisco IP phones .

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Hi

CIPC has all ringtones installed, i dont needed to do anything, but ip phones shows the list empty, i dont know why,

The firmware of ip phoes are, 7941 -> SCCP41.9-3-1SR2-1S and 7970 -> SCCP70.9-3-1SR2-1S  both with the same problem.

thanks.

Hi ivan,

If you want to have different rings on different line exts then proceed as follow:-

1). Download "DistinctiveRingList.xml" from TFTP server.

2). Edit and upload on all the nodes you have (i.e pub & sub or to the list of servers in your Unified CM group)

3). Restart TFTP server of all the nodes where you have uploaded file.

Then you can select different ring for your 2nd extension.

Ringlist.xml is for the primary DN

DistinctiveRinglist.xml is for the other DN's.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant

The problem is after upload the distinctiveringList.xml to the cucm and restarted tftp, still it does not appear in the option of the ip phones.

The more weird is in one 7941 I can see all rings under Chirp 1 but in other 7941, i am unable to see any rings,only default like chirp.

The 7970 has the same problem, the rings list is empty it says.

thanks!

Hi ivan,

Hope the file you have uploaded has got the correct name because name is case sensitive here. Please check it once.

Also can you check for any ringlist.dat file in TFTP server?

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

hi nishant

In CUCM there is not a file called ringlist.dat or similar, furthermore there is not anything called x.dat file

but the weird is in one ip phone i can see the list but not in othes.

thanks

Hi Evan,

Did you check the filename as it is case sensitive.

Can you do factory reset for the phone 7941 in which you don't see any file other than default?

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Hi Nishant.

The filename is correct because i copy paste from the attached file from Islam.

About factory reset i did not test it yet, but i dont think it will resolve the issue, althought i will do it.

Is there any parameters into enterprise/service parameters to check?

Hi

Yes , you are completely true , the factory reset will not help. The attached file which i share with you 100% what you need. For your case , because your CIPC can get the updates and other not get. I think you can do one thing try to use other firmware on your Cisco IP phone 7941 , and test . Other you can open a case with Cisco TAC.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

May be factory reset won't work out but it's just to give a try to the phone 7941 in which you can see ringlist.

Becuase after factory reset if you are still able to see that ringlist then it's may not be the issue of firmware and if you can not see after factory reset then you can suspect firmware issue.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: