cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RingTones on 7912 SIP Images

europesip
Level 1
Level 1

While I am aware that you can download ringtones on 7940 & 7960 phones, I was unable to do it on 7912 phones.

Note that 7912 work with different files (gkdefault.cfg ) that 7940/60 does, and also, we do not see at the TFTP logs that the file RingList.xml stated on the procedures for ringtones is ever asked, so we suspect that the procedure for 7911 phones may be different and it fact, it may even not exist.

Could anyone confirm me this, please or foward me the right procedure to follow?

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Andres,

You are correct that this procedure does not work for the 7912G :(

Configuring a Custom Phone Ring

The following procedure applies to creating custom phone rings for only the Cisco IP Phone models 7940, 7960, and 7970 (and now 7941/7961).

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Create a PCM file for each custom ring (one ring per file). Ensure that the PCM files comply with the format guidelines that are listed in the "PCM File Requirements for Custom Ring Types" section.

Step 2 Use an ASCII editor to edit the RingList.xml file. See the "RingList.xml File Format Requirements" section for information on how to format this file, along with a sample RingList.xml file.

Step 3 Save your modifications and close the RingList.xml file.

Step 4 Place the new PCM files that you created in the C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath directory on the Cisco TFTP server for each Cisco CallManager in your cluster.

Step 5 To cache the new RingList.xml file, stop and start the TFTP service by using Cisco CallManager Serviceability or disable and re-enable the "Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup" TFTP service parameter (located in the Advanced Service Parameters).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a90.html

Part of the problem is that the 7912 only supports 24 Rings whereas the other listed models support 50 Rings. You could try to edit the ringlist.xml and insert your custom rings in the first 24 (make sure you save a copy of the original)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: