Views
Helpful
Replies

Route failover in H323 gateway

regi_firnanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about gateway/route selection in CallManager Route List.

In a Route List that contains 2 H323 gateways, can an outbound call to PSTN failover to the second gateway when all the ports in the first Gateway is busy ? Because, if I'm not mistaken, in the past I've tried this and the call will only failover to the second gateway if the first gateway is not reachable (e.g : network link down, router down). And someone also mentioned that the route failover only works it the gateways are configured using MGCP and not H323.

So could somebody please clear this up for me ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Regi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Go to service parameters>>CCM>>route pattern (cluster wide config) and change the following:
Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag = False
Stop Routing on User Busy Flag = False

This has been asked plenty of times before, PLEASE SEARCH NetPro before opening a new thread

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. Go to service parameters>>CCM>>route pattern (cluster wide config) and change the following:
Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag = False
Stop Routing on User Busy Flag = False

This has been asked plenty of times before, PLEASE SEARCH NetPro before opening a new thread

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the answer javalenc.

I'm sorry if the question was already asked many times before. I did do a search on Netpro before posting the question. But I guess I didn't use the right keywords. And I'm also still unfamiliar with the new look of Netpro.  Sorry for the inconvenience.