cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Group Available Devices

iancarder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All. Currently I have two voice gateways with T1 PRI VWICs in each gateway. We have two campuses and each gateway services a campus. I have a bunch of route patterns which are duplicated for each gateway. Basically this means that to dial a 215 area code number, I have a route pattern to send the calls out one gateway and a route pattern to send calls out of the other gateway depending on what calling search space the dialing phone or device has.

I'm adding a third gateway loaded with VIC-2FXO cards with POTS lines hooked to it. I want to use this gateway to send 911 calls to the PSTN to better identify the calling location. However, I also need the ability to send a 911 call through one of the other gateways in the event that the POTS line is not able to handle the call for any reason.

I assumed I need to go with a Route Group with the POTS enabled gateway listed first, followed by the PRI enabled gateway. The problem I'm having is, if there are any existing route patterns being used by a gateway, that gateway will not appear in the available devices section of the route group config page. Do I have to rip out all of my current route patterns and rebuild them all with route groups or is there a better way to do this? Thanks

CCM 4.x

3 Replies 3

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

Indeed you are correct, if you refernce the gateway directly it is not useable in the route group. You have to do exactly what you said... its the only way..

HTH,

Chad

Thanks for the info, but I was hoping for better news. ;)

Can a gateway be referenced in multiple route groups or once it's used, that's that?

It can be used in as many route groups as you like... :)

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: