Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route incoming Call based on Calling Number

Greetings,

Is  it possible to route incoming calls based on the CLID to a specific  extension.  The reason for this is to route calls from certain states,  say AZ 1520...... to the staff that service that region.  I have seen a  lot of examples how to reject calls from certain CLIDs, but not routing.

Example:  Person from AZ with number 520-555-1234 calls in. Route call to Ext 5721.

We're using CM 8

Many thanks,

Pierre

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pierre,

If its H.323 gateway then you may try this,

1. Create a voice translation rule and a voice translation profile to translate the called number to 5721.

2. Create an inbound dial-peer for incoming calls with the answer address 5205551234 command. On this inbuond dial-peer use the above translation profile to translate the called number. Hence whenever this dial-peer is matched i.e. whenever an incoming call comes in from 5205551234 , whatever be the called number, it will always be translated to ext. 5721.

3. Create an outbound dial-peer with destination-pattern 5721 on the gateway and route it to the CUCM. If the ext. 5721 is registered to the CUCM, then that particular ext. should ring.

Check out the following doc to help you with configuring voice translation rules and profiles

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3727-3-3138/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20Configuring%20Voice%20Translation%20Rules%20in%20IOS%20Gateways_EditComplete_12.pdf

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not possible, CUCM routes based on called number.

You would need to use something like UCCX or Unity which do provide the ability to perform certain actions based on the ANI.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Pierre,

As far as i understood you want to route the incoming calls from a number say 520-555-1234 to a particular extension say 5721 always. Correct me if i am wrong.

What is the type of gateway that you are using for incoming calls(MGCP, H.323 etc)?

Regards

Nitesh

Dear Nitesh,

Your understanding is correct. H.323

Many thanks,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

If its H.323 gateway then you may try this,

1. Create a voice translation rule and a voice translation profile to translate the called number to 5721.

2. Create an inbound dial-peer for incoming calls with the answer address 5205551234 command. On this inbuond dial-peer use the above translation profile to translate the called number. Hence whenever this dial-peer is matched i.e. whenever an incoming call comes in from 5205551234 , whatever be the called number, it will always be translated to ext. 5721.

3. Create an outbound dial-peer with destination-pattern 5721 on the gateway and route it to the CUCM. If the ext. 5721 is registered to the CUCM, then that particular ext. should ring.

Check out the following doc to help you with configuring voice translation rules and profiles

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3727-3-3138/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20Configuring%20Voice%20Translation%20Rules%20in%20IOS%20Gateways_EditComplete_12.pdf

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

Dear Nitesh,

This actually worked! :-) Thank you very much, I've been strugling for a while to get this sorted out.

Where do I rate the post?

Many thanks,

Pierre

Dear Nitesh,

Is it possible to catch a blocked CLID and route that to another extension/AA?

I thought that "answer-address ^$ " should work, but it does not?

Thanks again

Pierre

Great to know that it worked.

What exactly do you want to achieve by answer-address ^$ command? What result are you expecting?Which CLID is blocked?

Regards

Nitesh

Hi Nitesh,

I can now route calls to different hunt groups based on the calling parties CLID.  This already works 100%, thanks to you.  Occasionally, the caller ID is blocked, i.e. call from overseas, which I would like to catch as well.  I have read that the CLID is NULL, when it does not come through, hence the attempt to use ^$, meaning NULL string.  This did not work.  answer-address also does not accept letters, such as "Private", which is what appears on the phones.  I just thought there may be a way to set the answer-address to something, which will match a blocked/NULL CLID.  If this is not possible, it's OK, since we're 99% there.

Many thanks,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Does the overseas call come in to your network through a PRI? If so do a 'debug isdn q931' and check for the calling party number in the incoming  setup message. Check and confirm whether you are getting a null CLID or something else.

If its null, you may try the following

1. Create a voice tranlation rule and a profile to convert null numbers to a known number say 1234

rule 1 /^$/ /1234/

2. On the incoming voice port apply the voice translation profile to convert the incoming null calling numbers to 1234

3. Create an inbound dial-peer with answer address 1234 and continue from there as usual.

I have personally never tried this but would like to know whether this works.

Give it a try and post your results.

Hope that helps

Regards

NItesh

Dear Nitesh,

I will give it a go, however, I either do not know how to debug, or it's not working for me.  When I run debug on the port, nothing appears on the screen when a call is made or received.  Do I need follow up command such as show log, etc?

We have been succesful with the setup, we rout by caller ID and what's not caught by those dial-peers, gets routed to the default location, which includes all blocked CLIDs.

In short, we are very happy.  Thanks very much once again.

Regards

Pierre

do a debug isdn q931 and a term mon. That should work for you. If not, check the log file. It may be capturing all the debugs. Do a show log for viewing the log.

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

Dear Nitesh,

Thanks for your dedication and help, all good now... 

Kind regards

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Thanks. Glad to know that its working fine now.

Regards

Nitesh

This is what I have come up with so far can you let me know if I am missing anything or am totally off base?

voice translation-rule 10
 rule 1 /856 555 1212/ /5678/

Voice translation-profile Reroute_caller
translate called 10

dial-peer voice 100
Voice translation-profile Reroute_caller
 preference 2
 destination-pattern 856 555 1212 (ANI)
 session target ipv4:172.50.100.30  (CUCM)
 voice-class codec 1  
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: