cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern Creation

kevin.hu
Level 3
Level 3

If I have 100 offices in different geo locations and I want to route their traffic out of their local gateway, I need to replicate the same route pattern 100 times. Is that correct?  Or is there a better way to do this?  I am running CM 4.2.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I am afraid that is correct.  You would have to duplicate your route patterns to point to individual route lists for every location with a local voice gateway.

Unless you upgraded to 7.x and above in which local route groups would be an option.  Then you could re-use the route patterns that point to route lists with the local route group option, which would route by originating device pool.

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On 4.X version you're pretty much looking at doing so, this is no longer needed with 7.X+ as the config is done via local route groups which tackles this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I am afraid that is correct.  You would have to duplicate your route patterns to point to individual route lists for every location with a local voice gateway.

Unless you upgraded to 7.x and above in which local route groups would be an option.  Then you could re-use the route patterns that point to route lists with the local route group option, which would route by originating device pool.

thanks.  I will keep that in mind when we migrate to the newer version.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On 4.X version you're pretty much looking at doing so, this is no longer needed with 7.X+ as the config is done via local route groups which tackles this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kevin,

Just had a look at the BAT tool for CUCM 4.2

Unfortunately bulk import of route patterns is not

on the menu. You are going to be busy with copy and ammending.

Remember to that you need to build each site :-

1)Gateway

2)route group

3)route list

4)route patteren

You can miss out 2) & 3) but you loose flexibility fior the future

Good luck

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: