Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern Discard Digit

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have a all route pattern with a discard digit "9" and the national calling starting from "2" and GSM from "9",

i hear a outside dialtone whenever i press a second digit "9" or digit "2", is it possible to get the outside dial on pressing first digit whcih is discard digit "9"

I think it is not possible but i want to confirm from youll experts,

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your explanation is not clear at all, short answer is

To get the secondary dial tone right after the first 9, there cannot be absolutely anything else in your dial plan (which is not a route pattern with provide secondary dial tone checked) configured

If you don't hear it, two options

A) overlapping

B) assuming no overlapping, a RP is missing the checkbox for secondary dial tone.

This topic has beed discussed hundreds of times before, please search for answers before posting.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Yes Jaime,

It is not understandable, i will make it more clear.

Below are the route pattern in CUCM.

9.2XXXXXXX

9.9XXXXXXX

9.1XXX

Customer is asking that why i am hearing a outside dial tone only after pressing a second digit such as 2,9,1, according to the above route pattern, but what he wants is that outside dialtone should come on pressing first digit "9" which is discard digit.

I think is not possible, to get the outside dial tone on pressing first button if i want to acheive than i think  i have to change the dial plan by removing the discrad digits,, Please confirm to me that i am correct. ??????

Thanks

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, your understanding is completely wrong, the fact that you have discard predot has nothing to do with that behavior.
If you dont hear it right away, it means theres something else in your dial plan that overlaps, or, youre missing the secondary dial tone in a RP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

Dear jaime,

Attached is the file for the route pattern and i have verified every route pattern "provide outside dial tone" is tick checked in every route patten

Please suggest.

Dial plan means EVERYTHING in CUCM, not just RPs, check your dial plan for overlapping.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Dear Jaime,

Need more hints where things i should check,, Ur help will be appreciated.

Hello Clark,

The secondary dial tone function can be  enabled on route patterns and translation patterns. The dial tone will  change only if all possibly matching route or translation patterns have  the secondary dial tone enabled.

Search your Translation & Route Patterns with the criteria 'begins with 9' and make sure 'Provide Outside Dial Tone' is checked for all those patterns that begins with 9

TP.jpg

RP.jpg

//Suresh

Please rate all the useful posts.

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Dear Suresh,

I dont have any translation profiles only the attached route pattern as per the previous reply  and all are enabled with provide outside dial tone.

Thanks

There are no hints, you really need to check EVERYTHING. DNs, meetme, call park, anything that has a pattern/DN configured. Use the route plan report.

And Suresh is falling in one of the most common mistakes when this happens, "it must be something with 9..."/"it must be a RP/TP", sometimes it might be, many other it won't.

You need to check for ANYTHING that has wildcards that might match 9, as well as anything that start with 9. And not limit yourself to just RPs and TPs.

I can tell you back when I was in TAC, as soon as I asked them if they had configured anything else other than a RP/TP with 9, they often said "Oh yeah, I added a DN/CTI/meet-me, etc with 9, could that be the issue??"

HTH

java

HTH

java

Gagarin Sathiyanarayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clark,

Overlapping pattern can also exist in the none partition.

Start by checking under Call Routing -> Route Plan Report for any patterns which might start with !, @, or [ .

If nothing there, try this SQL query:

run sql select fkroutepartition, dnorpattern, outsidedialtone from numplan where dnorpattern like '9%' and outsidedialtone = 'f'

Regards,

Gagarin

Regards, Gagarin Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: