Views
Helpful
Replies

route pattern for internal dialing

yuhuiyao
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Need your help. The CM adin left the company and I will have to take it over.

I just checked the route patterns, they all start with 9.@ or 9.011 or 9.1[2-9]xx[2-9].....there seemed no route patterns for internal dialing. What is I want to dial a 4 digit internal number such as 1234, how will that call be routed?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You do not need route patterns for internal dialing. Callmanager knows about internally assigned DNs and allows calls to/from these extensions based on calling search spaces and partitions. The calling phone must have a calling search space which contains the partition of the called phone in order for the call to complete.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You do not need route patterns for internal dialing. Callmanager knows about internally assigned DNs and allows calls to/from these extensions based on calling search spaces and partitions. The calling phone must have a calling search space which contains the partition of the called phone in order for the call to complete.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: