Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Upgrade

alexfraus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I need to upgrade an C3825  IOS, from c3825-adventerprisek9-mz.124-22.T to c3825-adventerprisek9-mz.124-22.T3.bin

Running with CME 7.0(1) (the compability matrix say that is compatible with my new IOS)

I don't want to make any change to version or config of CME, then the question is, if i upgrade the IOS, the CME will have some missing files, config, or something wrong?

I can upgrade IOS without touch the CME?

Somebody can help if this will complete without troubles?

Thx in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

Yes no need to bother about CME configuration and version will not change with this upgrade.

After upgrading your phones time might be changed, in that case you may need to reconfigure time settings according to your region and do manual reboot for all phones (there are options to select only one phone or rebooting one after another)

Make sure you are not deleting any load files or CME realted files from flash

If you have CUE in your end then you may face MWI issue where you need to create MWI application again.

HTH,

Hari.Sivaji

View solution in original post

Hari is correct.   I would recommend going right to the .24 train though.  24 has been really stable and works well. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

Yes no need to bother about CME configuration and version will not change with this upgrade.

After upgrading your phones time might be changed, in that case you may need to reconfigure time settings according to your region and do manual reboot for all phones (there are options to select only one phone or rebooting one after another)

Make sure you are not deleting any load files or CME realted files from flash

If you have CUE in your end then you may face MWI issue where you need to create MWI application again.

HTH,

Hari.Sivaji

Hari is correct.   I would recommend going right to the .24 train though.  24 has been really stable and works well. 

Thx to all!!!

I really need this advisory, because I don't know too much about IPT, only make calls

Now I can realize this upgrade without doubts.

Regards!