Helpful
Replies

Routing inbound calls from PSTN to remote CME

waisee2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new to Cisco VoIP and would appreciate help with the following scenario:

Due to rapid expansion, a customer has run out of extensions and voicemail boxes on the Primary CME (3845) with T1 / ISDN PRI. The DID blocks (there are 4 different blocks) are connected to the 3845 router.

We have setup a 2811 CME (No T1 card/connection) on a different subnet with the necessary VoIP dial peers and et all to allow communication between the two CME routers in order to address the situation until the Call Manager Server is delivered in a few weeks time.

Outbound calls from the 2811 to the 3845 extensions as well as out to the PSTN work fine.

Inbound calls (4 digit dialling) from the 3845 to the 2811 extensions are working fine as well.

I am experiencing problems with routing inbound calls received from the PSTN on the 3845 to the 2811 extensions.

any help would be greately appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure dial-peer and translation correctly.

Once that is done, it will work nice.

Note, if you like the CME, you can get a 3945 that does 350 phones.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to configure dial-peer and translation correctly.

Once that is done, it will work nice.

Note, if you like the CME, you can get a 3945 that does 350 phones.

That fixed the issue. My dial peer was only sending the 4 digit extensions across to the 2811.

Upon creating the translation, it worked like a charm.

Many thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: