cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing incoming calls

Joshua Smick
Level 1
Level 1

I've recently starting experimenting with Cisco Call Manager (version 8.6).  I've been able to figure out routing outgoing from the one extension I have setup, but I can't seem to figure out how to route incoming calls to that extension.  I'm running a Cisco 2901 as an MGCP gateway, and all calls are routed through a VIC2/2FX0.  How do I go about routing the incoming calls? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sorry, misread the thread as PRI config, the fields I sent will not available for FXO port config but for PRI config only.

you can configure the DN 1001 under this field and check.

Attendant DN

Enter the directory number to which you want incoming calls  routed; for example, zero or a directory number for an attendant.

Please rate all the useful posts

//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Please check the inbound CSS & significant digits in the MGCP endpoint configuration. How many digits do you receive from ISP? Check if any translation pattern required or not.

Just comes in as a US regular phone line, 10 digits.  I don't believe any translation pattern is required.  How would I check? 

How many digits are your internal extensions?

If you receive 123456xxxx and your extension is 4digits xxxx, then you can configure the correct significant digits.

If the extension is in a particular partition, then the inbound CSS should have that partition for the inbound calls to reach the phones.

Extensions are four digits (and there is only one, this is a lab).  Do I configure this on the router or the call manager? 

You need to configure this in CUCM under MGCP endpoint configurations, both inbound css and significant digits

And that would be under Incoming Calling Party Settings? 

Exactly

Alright, so in the window, I have

Number TypePrefixStrip DigitsCalling Search SpaceUse Device Pool CSS

What would I put under each?  Sorry, again, I am brand new to this, and I haven't been able to find any good guide documents online on the subject.  Basically, what I want to do is route all incoming calls on voice port 0/0/0 to extension 1001.  All outgoing calls are functioning normally. 

Is there a guide that I missed somewhere that would walk me through this? 

Gateway_Configuration.jpg

sorry, it is under Call Routing Information - Inbound Calls settings.

The Calling Search Space you select here should have the partition of 1001.

what is the number you receive from ISP? if it is XXX-XXX-1001, then you need to select the significant digit as 4.

in case if the last 4 digit is not 1001, then we may need the translation pattern to convert the 10 digit number to 4 digit 1001.

And where is call routing information?  I've looked for it under the call routing menu but I cannot seem to find it. 

sorry, misread the thread as PRI config, the fields I sent will not available for FXO port config but for PRI config only.

you can configure the DN 1001 under this field and check.

Attendant DN

Enter the directory number to which you want incoming calls  routed; for example, zero or a directory number for an attendant.

That did it.  Any idea why Caller ID isn't showing up on incoming calls? 

Could you please configure 'caller-id enable' & timing guard-out 1000 under voice-port and check if that makes any difference?

Hi Joshua,

As a workaround you can try entering the command as suggested by Suresh[+5].

Also, try below commands on voice port

caller-id alerting line-reversal

caller-id alerting dsp-pre-allocate

else CLID is not supported on Analog with MGCP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmsys/a08gw.html#wp1165631

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: