cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing outbound calls thru specific voice ports

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

I have a CME systems that has both SIP and analog PSTN trunks. I would like outbound calls from IP phones to go out the SIP trunks.  I also want to attach a FAX to an ATA device but I need to send FAXes out the analog ports since FAXes over SIP doesn't work to well.  HOw can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diego,

The following link has a good example of how to do this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi, create a voip dial peer for your phone calls and a pots dial-peer for FAX like below:

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:

no vad

!

Hope your phones are already registered as SIP and your voice register global is configured.

I haven't configure the FAX port yet but it's pretty simple as FXO port configuration, you will need a pots dial-peer for that.

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern

port

!

You might need some additional commands to active FAX protocol (as example:T.38), please google for it.

HTH.

That's not quite what I mean.  The problem is for outbound calls.  I will have two dial peers with the same destination pattern.  For instance 9[2-9].......

The difference is one will be a Voip SIP port and the other an analog port.  So outbound calls made from a SCCP phone need to use the SIP trunk and when a FAX device places a call I need the CME to send it out on an analog port instead of the SIP peer. 

So somehow I need the CME to match an outbound peer depending on which inbound peer is placing the call.

Diego

Diego,

The following link has a good example of how to do this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

That certainly looks like what I need!!

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: