cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing the calls to a specific fxo port based the source number.

faizal_vi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have a setup with a cisco call manager using h323 Voice GW. I would like a user to make phone call though a specific line / fxo port on the analog line.

What are ways to achieve this.

I have about 8 fxo lines and PRI lines in use by the other users.

Faizal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
2 Replies 2

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Faizal,

If I understand your requirements correctly you need the ability to route calls from a certain phone/line to a particualr FXO port.  There are several ways to do this but I will detail the one that I think would be easiest.

For the selected line set up a partition and calling search space - just for that line/device.  In the partition build new route patterns matching your outbound dial plan.  On each of those route patterns prefix the called number with a number/character that is not used as a leading character in your existing dial-peers on your H323 gateway.  Build new dial-peers to match that leading character and assign them to the desired FXO port.  As with all POTS dial-peers any explicit character match will drop that character, so you could drop not only the leading character at the dial-peer, but also any trunk access codes (0 or 9 or whatever) that the user dialed to get a trunk.

HTH,

Art

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: