Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing VOIP traffic from remote sites?

andypearce33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I quite new to the VOIP world and would like to advice regarding our setup.

At our head office we are running Avaya s8300 gateways with about 300 IP phones connected to 3750 switches.

We have about 20 remote offices, but these offices are only have about 10 members of staff in each. The phones are all on the PSTN. The have about 2mbps VPN connection to each site. I would like them to be able to use voip over the WAN instead of the PSTN.

What I would like to know is that are there in Cisco routers I can purchases with that will be able route VOIP traffic back to the head office with out me having to install Avaya Gateways at each site?

Thanks

Andrew

1 Reply 1

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what i would suggest u

because i have not i dea about avaya so i will give a way to configure each site independantly with a cisco router and calls between sites wil be over VPN or a WAN (VOIP)

first see the following link which relate to a cisco router serise called ISR this seriese is intigrated fo alot of things for small/meduim and branch offices

if u have analog phones on the remote site u need FXS card only and for normal pstn line u need FXO or if u have ISDN u can add ISDN card

and then all voip config can be done on the router

or u can ge cisco IP phones for remote sites and make register with ISR aslo known as callmanager expres then route the call over WAN or PSTN as u like

have a look

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/ps8321/prod_presentation0900aecd806ccc34.pdf

good luck

please, if helpful Rate