Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RSVP CAC concern

Good afternoon group,

I am trying to implement RSVP based call admission control for our IP Telephony infrastructure. Network topology was built before I joined and could not influnce for it from voice perspective. Problem I am facing is that each site have resilient MPLS connections (to the same provider, load-balancing), but only one router onsite is actually "voice" capable (serving as voice gateway with voice IOS and DSP resources). Other one is just plain data with basic IOS.

My question in this case is how I can implement RSVP agent on both links to ensure reliable bandwidth reservation? I understand I need to configure RSVP agent by enabling protocol under MTP and XCODE profiles (so I can easily do that on voice router) - but "data" router does not have any MTP or XCODE resources configured (and won't take commands) so I assume it cannot be an RSVP agent. Would it be required to upgrade IOS on it to configured RSVP-aware MTP profile or I am wrong and it is not a requirement than every router that carries voice traffic to WAN must be configured as RSVP agent (i.e. CE routers must be voice-enabled)?

Attached simple diagram for clarity,

Thank you in advance,

Peter

• IP Telephony
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.