Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT Critical Error

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We have started getting a critical error in RTMT:

TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdStart alarm(s) and 0 TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdEnd alarm(s) received. On Wed May 20 13:44:05 CDT 2009; the last TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThreshold alarm generated: TotalProcessesAndThreadsExceededThresholdStart NumberOfProcesses : 151 NumberOfThreads : 1856 Reason : Total processes and threads have exceeded the maximum tasks [2000]

We have not noticed any issues but it alerts over 3 to 4 times a minute.

I have increased the threshold for this parameter to 2100 and the alert continues now the threads is up to over 2000 and the process are over 150. This appears to have happened after we made a change to the MOH multicast maximum connections setting. Would a restart of the server be a solution?

Thanks,

Joe

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

This alert need not necessarily mean there is a stability issue or thread leak issue in the system. This alert just indicates that the number of threads has exceeded the threshold set and that we will stop updating this counter beyond this number, even if number of threads is increasing. The reason we do that is, to avoid system impact we incur to update this counter when number of threads is huge.

So if you have verified the system (and the processes listed) that there is no real thread leak you can ignore this alert. As a workaround, you may restart AC and CTI services again.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue here, but how exactly do you verify the system for process or thread leaks ? I don't know how to do this.

Thanks and regards.

Sandy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: