Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze

RTMT monitoring vs. SNMP

I'm looking to use a 3rd party monitoring and charting tool for CUCM IM&P.  In digging in to the supported MIBs, I'm not finding documentation on MIBs related to the actual usage of IM&P, like JSMMessagesIn, JSMMessagesOut, etc.  Is this data only visible to RTMT, or am I missing something here?

2 REPLIES
Silver

RTMT monitoring vs. SNMP

Can't find anything on the SNMP side.  I did find this guide- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/monitoring_guide/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_M74FEDA9_00_monitoring-cucm-presence-guide-91.pdf which shows how to get the values via "show perf query counter "Cisco XCP JSM Session Counters" JsmSessionMessagesIn".  Not sure if that gets you any closer.

Bronze

RTMT monitoring vs. SNMP

Hi Brian,

Unfortunately no.  The guide doesn't outright say it, but it's basically just a recommendation on what to monitor inside RTMT.  I tried doing an SNMP walk of the server, and it doesn't look like any of these counters are exposed.  I'm trying to figure out how some of the other 3rd party solutions get these stats.  Like Prognosis, they can get the MessagesIn and MessagesOut info.  I wonder if they are hitting the DB directly via the AXL API with embedded SQL queries or something.

Any further insight into the SNMP end would be helpful.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content