Views
Helpful
Replies

RTP stream question

KasperPBE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community, I have a question

The setup is this, a cisco sccp phone is located in russia and registrated in a callmanager located in denmark. The phone dials a number that translate and use a routelist to a local gateway in russia. The dialed number in the local cisco gateway is a dialpeer with a siptrunk to a lync mediation server also located in denmark.

How is the final rtp stream going to be from the cisco phone to the Lync server?

Br. Kasper

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're not invoking an MTP or TRP, from the phone to the SIP trunk.

Otherwise, phone -> MTP/TRP -> sip trunk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Thats correct , you need to move your resource to local so that the source ip will be different from the cluster.

Or you can use CUBE feature on local gateways and map different source IPs on inbound side and outbound side , so the all request from this gateway will add their IPs/ports in their sip messages to lynch server and act as media flow through.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming you're not invoking an MTP or TRP, from the phone to the SIP trunk.

Otherwise, phone -> MTP/TRP -> sip trunk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

I am not sure if RTP between a SCCP cisco phone and an Lync client will work.

Think you must proxy the rtp

Jan

KasperPBE
Level 1
Level 1
  • Thanks for the replies. It is not a Lync client, but the Lync mediation server for conferancing. Anyway to remedy the proxy and other MTP issues, I should place the MTP on the local russia gateway, and assign the ressourrses to the russia phones within the russia devicepool?

Br. Kasper

As you are doing conferencing , so RTP path will depend upon where this resource it located , if conf resource is in Denmark then RTP path will be...

Phone (Russia) ---Conf Resource (Denmark Cluster) -- SIP trunk (Russia) -- Lync Server (Denmark)

If resource is located in Russia then flow will be..

Phone(Russia) - Conf Resource (Russia) - SIP trunk (Russia) - Lync Server (Denmark)

Hi. It actually all comes down to the reporting in Lync. The issue is that Lync reports "bad" conferance per Sip trunk. I want to make a more detailed design where I place a SIP trunk in every affilliate around europe in their local gateway, but as the phones are registrated in cucm cluster in denmark and the Lync mediation server(sip trunk connection to local gateway) also is located in denmark, I need a redesign of the rtp path including the MTP, that is why I want to put the MTP resource in the local affiliate gateway(this eksample russia) So by doing this the rtp path would be phone->local mtp->local vgw-siptrunk->Lync mediation in denmark. I just needed a secound thought on the design.

The current setup would report all "bad" conferances as beeing in denmark, even if they are originated in other countries. The local dialpattern is just callcorwarded to the dk siptrunk->Lync mediation.The SIP trunk in cucm are limmited to only one connection to the Lync mediation server.

Thats correct , you need to move your resource to local so that the source ip will be different from the cluster.

Or you can use CUBE feature on local gateways and map different source IPs on inbound side and outbound side , so the all request from this gateway will add their IPs/ports in their sip messages to lynch server and act as media flow through.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: